Frank Sinatra  

Posted by Ray in

Yesterday I walked in to a music store that sells old CDs/ DVDs and brought a Frank Sinatra Collection for $4.99. There were quite a few Frank Sinatra CDs. I just picked one and asked the lady sitting in the Sales counter about the collection. She said it had all the happy songs of Frank Sinatra (Later in the evening I was told that his sad songs are not that sad). So I decided to buy the CD and played it in my car.

I had never heard Frank Sinatra songs - I only knew his name. The first song that came up was "The way you look tonight". Here is a short clip from the song from Amazon. Listen to the end of the clip. The music and the voice is full of life and after listening to it for a couple of times, you feel like singing along. There are a few videos in Youtube as well.

The tamil song that immediately came to my mind was "ஒரு பெண்ணை பார்த்து நிலவை பார்த்தேன் மனதில் குளிரில்லை" sung by TMS (music Viswanathan - Ramamurthy). Both songs are about how a man feels seeing his love in the night.

Also try listening to Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison. There are many videos in Youtube. It will remind you of the good old days of PB Sreenivas and TMS.

This entry was posted on June 6, 2008 at Friday, June 06, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment