The Vice Presidential Debate  

Posted by Ray in

As I was watching the Vice Presidential debate, I drifted back to the time when I was in my 5th standard. We had to memorize a Robert Frost's poem and recite in the class and that was a part of the mid-term exam. Memorized and Recited - that is what Palin did. Of course what she recited wasn't anything that can be compared to Frost's poem. She decided to change the rules of the debate by saying she wasn't going to answer the moderator's question. A little bit of an arrogance there. Not sure if she had a pre-debate dinner with Dick Cheney.


On the other hand, Joe Biden almost put me to sleep for the first few minutes. Perhaps he was sleeping as well. But he did wake-up and made sure that the Americans knew that the only difference between Bush and McCain is the speilling in their names. I liked the way he said 'Maverick, he is not', when Sarah Palin kept repeating the keyword of the McCain campaign.

As Palin said, the only difference between hockey moms and a pitbull is the lipstick. Well, today she was a pitbull with a lipstick. She kept recycling the things she knew and I had a good laugh when she said that the Vice President should have more powers.

Perhaps the only touching part of the debate came at the end when Biden spoke about the time when his sons were injured in an accident. Overall, I thought Biden won the debate by a big margin. But I'm sure Palin did excite the 'conservative' base. Her efforts to project the republican ticket as the most progressive one was just laughable.

The experienced Biden won for the substance but Palin trigerred a new hype. Looking forward to the next Presidential debate.


This entry was posted on October 3, 2008 at Friday, October 03, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Great analysis Ravi. I agree totally.

October 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Post a Comment